Prince Michael Jackson, Paris Jackson, and Blanket Jackson in 2012. Photograph: Lester Cohen/WireImage
Barbra Streisand … It cost £450 to see her earlier this week. Photograph: Harry Herd/Redferns via Getty Images
This disc is a perfect demonstration of what treasures might be waiting to be rediscovered among Charles Koechlin's huge and still drastically undervalued output. Both the Piano Quintet and the Third String Quartet were begun during the first world war, and the bulk of work on them was completed soon after hostilities ended; the Quartet was first...
The lineup: Jamie Isaac (voice, piano).
The background: Someone asked recently why Jamie Isaac, an 18-year-old from south London, isn't a household name yet. And when we first heard his darkly atmospheric, illbient electronica/crepuscular mood music, which uses space and silence almost as instruments and evokes a gloomy...
Mohamed Al Fayed is suing 1950s/60s singer Paul Anka, accusing him of defamation, invasion of privacy, misuse of private information and the intentional infliction of emotional distress.
The case, heard at Los Angeles superior court, centres around the 71-year-old singer's autobiography, My Way, which includes numerous passages describing Anka's...
- Blog jam: Bowlegs Music
- Suede perform Hit Me – live session
- Detroit venue renamed for Jack White
- Beck prepares two new albums for release
- 'I've a great admiration for Cliff Richard'
- The xx's intimate playlist
- The 101 strangest records on Spotify: Flower Travellin' Band – Satori
- Astral Pattern – Sitting In The Sun: New music
- YouTube 'destroying music', pianist says in angry protest
- A journey to Spike Island